RCWL-0516 Microwave Doppler Radar is an alternative to the common PIR motion sensors. These PIR motion sensor modules widely used in burglar alarms and security lights. PIR sensors can detect only movements of anything within its range instead of sniffing the blackbody radiation from a moving person. The microwave radar sensor module uses the Microwave Doppler Radar technique. This technique is used to detect moving objects. This sensor has a sensitivity range of up to 7 meters. When this sensor triggered, its TTL-level output pin will switch from LOW (0V) to HIGH (3.3V) .and this TTL – level output pin will switch for a finite time (2 to 3 s) before returning to its idle state.
This microwave radar sensor module is flexible. Because it can be used in conjunction with many microcontrollers and we can use it even without a microcontroller at all. This module can handle 4 to 28 Volts input power supply. Its output pin can be used for multiple tasks. For example: driving a visual indicator. For further processing, this module can be also used linking with I/O of any 3V controller. Get anything from Pakistan’s Best Online Store epro.pk.
Pin Connections of RCWL-0516 Microwave Doppler Radar:
- CDS is used for sensor disable input (low will be equal to disable).
- VIN is used for a 4 to 28V DC input supply.
- Output pin will be high when motion detected
- The output pin will be low when no motion detected.
- GND is used for Ground.
- 3V3 is used for regulated DC Output (100mA max).
Specifications of Microwave Doppler Radar Motion Detector Sensor Module Board:
- 36 x 18mm is its size.
- Its weight is 2g.
- 4 to 28V is its operating voltages.
- Typically 2.8mA and 3mA are maximum operating current.
- 5 to 9m is its detection distance.
- Typically 20mW and maximum 30mW is its transmitting power.
- Its output voltages are 3.2 to 3.4 Volts.
- 100mA is its output voltage driving capacity.
- It needs triggering repeatedly.
- 0V is its output control low level.
- 3.3V is its output control high level.
- -20 to 80 degrees centigrade is its operational temperature.
- -40 to 100 degrees centigrade is its storage temperature.
- During the construction Stay away from any metal part in front of the sensor. Then the sensor will work better.
- Please make a 1cm clear space on the front and rear sides of the module.
One piece of RCWL- o516 Microwave Radar Sensor