This sensor is used to detect water quality. this analog turbidity sensor detects the water quality by measuring the levels of turbidity. this turbidity sensor uses light to detect the suspended particles into the water. when this sensor through light then the sensor measures this suspended particle rate by light transmittance and scattering rate. this suspended particle rate changes with the amount of total suspended solids in water. if we increase the suspended particle rate than the liquid turbidity level increases. this quality checker sensor used to measure the quality of the water of rivers and streams. this sensor is also used in wastewater and effluent measurements control instrumentation for setting the ponds. it is also used for the research of sediment transport and laboratory measurements. this water quality checker module provides analog and digital signal output modes. we can adjust the threshold when the sensor is in digital signal mode. Get all types of Environmental Sensors at epro.pk.
- Its operating voltages are 5V DC.
- Its maximum operating current is 40mA.
- Its response time is <500ms.
- Its insulation resistance is 100M (Min).
- Its analog output is almost 0 to 4.5V.
- Its digital output depends on the High level / Low-level signal.
- Its operating temperature is 5 degrees to 90-degree centigrade.
- Its storage temperature is -10 degrees to 90-degree centigrade.
- Its weight is 30 grams.
- Its size is 38mm x 28mm x 10mm.
Features of Turbidity Sensor:
- this device is able to detect suspended particles in water.
- this device has both analog and digital signal output modes.
- this sensor used to check the water quality in rivers and streams.
- this device threshold is the digital signal mode.
- A is for Analog signal output, and the output value will be decreased when in liquids with high turbidity.
- D is for Digital Signal output, and it consists of Low and High Levels, and it can be adjusted by the threshold potentiometer.
Note: This device contains a potentiometer so the user can adjust the trigger condition by adjusting the threshold potentiometer in the digital signal mode.
Pin Description Water Quality Checker Sensor:
- It consists of Potentiometer and it is also called a sensitivity adjustment knob.
- It also has power status indicators.
- It also has a level signal lamp.
- Most left pin is GND pin and it will attach to the Ground.
- The second-most left pin is the Analog Output pin. And it is used for analog output.
- The third pin from the left side is DOUT. DOUT pin is Digital Output pin.
- Forth left pin is VCC. And this VCC pin is just for power supply.
- the pin is for white wire.
- The pin is for the blue wire.
- The pin is for the yellow wire.
- The pin is for the red wire.