This is a great little RFID Reader Module from Innovations, simillar to the ID models (the difference being no silicone protection on the back). If you need an inexpensive way to get started with RFID, this is a great little module. Just power the module, and it will read any RFID card within range.
It will output the cards ID in a serial string, which can easily be read by any micro-controller. The spacing on the pins is 2.54 mm, which means the module will directly fit on a breadboard.
Here is a great little tutorial we did, to help you get started with this module!
Note:?This Module will not work with the Atmega32u2 Developement Board. We Deal Best Quality Product In Pakistan EM-18 RFID Module In Pakistan
- 5V supply
- 125kHz read frequency
- EM4001 64-bit RFID tag compatible
- 9600bps TTL and RS232 output
- Magnetic stripe emulation output
- 100mm read range
- EM18 RFID Reader Long Range Module is a module which reads the ID information stored in RFID TAGS. This ID information is unique for every TAG which cannot be copied.
EM-18 Pin Configuration
EM-18 is a nine pin device. Among nine pins, 2 pins are not connected, so we basically have to consider seven terminals.
Pin Number Description VCC Should be connected to positive of power source. GND Should be connected to ground. BUZZ Should be connected to BUZZER NC No Connection NC No Connection SEL SEL=1 then o/p =RS232
TX DATA is given out through TX of RS232 DATA1 WEIGAND interface DATA HIGH pin DATA0 WEIGAND interface DATA LOW pin
EM-18 Features and Specifications
- Operating voltage of EM-18: +4.5V to +5.5V
- Current consumption:50mA
- Can operate on LOW power
- Operating temperature: 0ºC to +80ºC
- Operating frequency:125KHz
- Communication parameter:9600bps
- Reading distance: 10cm, depending on TAG
- Integrated Antenna