HC SR04 Ultrasonic Sensor is also called HC- SR04 Ultrasonic Range Finder. This ultrasonic sensor module HC-SR04 range is 2cm- 400cm and it is non-contact measurement function. This module accuracy can reach to 3mm. this sensor includes ultrasonic transmitters, a receiver, and a control circuit. This ultrasonic sensor uses sonar to find the distance. Dolphins and bats also follow this procedure. It provides stable reading and it is easy to use packages. Its range is almost 1 to 13 feet. it consists of 4 pins. Trigger (Trig), Echo (Receiver), VCC (Power), and Ground (GND). Trigger pin used for transmitting the signals. The echo pin receives the signal which comes back. VCC pin used to power up the sensor. and the GND pin is just for the ground pin. This sensor also has a positive point that the ultrasonic sensor does not affect by sunlight or black material like sharp rangefinders. This HC-SR04 sensor can easily interface able for many microcontrollers, for example, Arduino UNO R3, Microchip PIC, and ST Microcontrollers. Get that sensor at epro.pk.
The value of Speed of Sound = v = 340 m/s OR 0.034 cm/us.
The TIME formula is = T = s/v = 10 / 0.034 = 294 us.
The DISTANCE formula is = s = t * 0.034 / 2.
- Its power supply value is 5V DC.
- Its quiescent current value is <2mA.
- Its working current value is 15mA.
- Its Effectual Angle is <15 degrees.
- Its distance range is 2cm – 400 cmm.
- Its resolution is 0.3cm.
- Its measuring angle is 30 degrees.
- Its trigger input pulse width is 10 micro-sec minimum.
- Its size is 45 x 20 x 15 mm.
- One Piece of Ultrasonic Sensor