GPS-23 magnet normally open proximity switch
GPS-23 Reed Switch Assembly With Magnet
This is the Magnetic Door Switch Set, a small reed switch assembly specifically designed to alert you when doors, drawers, window or any other aperture opens. These types of switches are primarily used in home security systems. One half of the assembly set on a window or door frame and the other attached to the window or door itself. When the switch set is separated from each other the contact is broken and triggers an alarm.
When each magnet piece comes within 20mm of each other they complete the circuit with the internal reed switches. Each Magnetic Door Switch set can accept a max voltage of up to 100V at 500mA. Additionally each set is housed in durable plastic. 3M peel-off tape lets user install the sensor and magnet without any screws.
- Switch Status : Open when magnet is away, and Closed when magnet is near
- Maximum Detection Distance: 20mm
- Maximum Voltage: <100VDC (at >12V sensor life may reduce)
- Maximum Current: <500 mA (at >10mA current sensor life may reduce)
- Cable Length: ~25cm to 27cm
- No of Mounting holes: 2 on Sensor, 2 on Magnet
- Mounting Hole dimensions: 3.25mm x 4.0mm
- Mounting hole distance : 18mm
- Sensor Dimensions: 27.4mm (L) x 14.0 mm (W) x 8.0mm (H)
- Magnet Dimensions: 27.4mm (L) x 14.0 mm (W) x 8.0mm (H)