IR infrared obstacle avoidance sensor module consists of a pair of infrared transmitting and receiving tubes. A transmitted tube reflects the light. When transmitted light waves are reflected back, there is the receiver at the other end. The reflected IR waves will be received by the receiver tube. Then the onboard circuitry does the processing. There is a green indicator LED comes to life. This IR module has three wire interfaces. These are VCC, GND, and Output. This module works on 3.3 to 5V. When the signal reflects, the output pin gives out a digital signal. The onboard preset helps to fine-tune the range of operation. Its effective distance range is 2cm to 8cm.IR obstacle Sensor Arduino code is really easy and easily available. You can get this IR module at epro.pk. IR Obstacle Detection Sensor is also named as IR Hurdle Detector Sensor.
- it consists of two tubes. one is transmitting and the second is receiving.
- it also has a green color indicator.
- it works on 3.3V to 5V level.
- it consists of three pins. VCC, GND, Output.
- its range is 2cm to 8cm.
Connections of Module with Arduino:
- Module’s Ground pin will be attached to the GND pin of the Arduino.
- Module’s VCC pin will be attached to the 5V pin of the Arduino.
- Module’s SIG (signal) pin will be attached to the analog or digital pin of the Arduino.
- It is easy to assemble and easy to use.
- This module also has an onboard detection indication.
- Its effective and precious distance range is 2cm to 80cm.
- It has a preset knob to fine-tune distance range.
- If there will be any obstacle then the green indicator will be turned ON.
Applications of Infrared Receivers:
- These infrared receivers widely found in consumer products like TV remote controls.
- these IR receivers are also used in infrared ports such as PDAs, laptops, and computers.
- these are also present in home theatres, cable or satellite receivers, VCRs, DVDs, and Blue-ray players.
- these are also available in audio amplifiers.
- these IR sensors can also be found in the industrial, military, aerospace and photography markets.
One Piece of IR Obstacle Avoidance Sensor Module