Let’s Know About Light Intensity Sensor BH1750
Light Intensity Sensor BH1750 is the sensor which is commonly used in mobile phones to control the screen brightness according to the environment lighting. BH1750 sensor can accurately measure the LUX value. Get all types of sensors, modules, drone frames, motors, and much more from Pakistan’s number one online selling store epro.pk.
Where to Use BH1750 Light Sensor?
Light intensity sensor BH1750 is used in mobiles and LCD displays to adjust the brightness of the screen according to the
environment. It is used to turn ON the headlights of cars based on outdoor lights. This sensor also uses the I2C communication
protocol. The pins of I2C communication are SCL and SDA. The light sensor directly collected the LUX value there we don’t
need any calculation. It consumes 0.12mA current. It works on 2.4V-3.6V voltages. The light source does not matter in the Light Intensity
Sensor.IR radiation effect this sensor very less. There is almost no chance of any error because its error rate is just +/- 20%. The hardware of Light Sensor bh1750 is really simple. bh1750 light sensor price or light intensity sensor price is reasonable at
BH1750FVI IC is used in the Light sensor. This module works on 3.3V. here the voltage regulator is used. 4.7k resistor is used in I2C lines. Through the I2C bus, we get LUX values. ADC is already present in this bh1750. and ADC converts the analog illuminance to the digital lux value. Light Sensor transfer data to the microcontroller with the help of I2C pins SCL and SDA. The clock pulse is used to provide SCL and LUX value is transfer data through SDA.it has an internal oscillator for the clock of the internal logic of IC.
- Power Supply: 2.4V-3.6V (typically 3.0V)
- 0.12mA is equal to the Less current consumption
- The measuring range of the light sensor is 1-65535lx
- I2C is bus Communication
- Accuracy in this sensor +/-20%
- It has a built-in A/D converter. this converter is for converting analog illuminance in the digital data.
- A very small effect of IR radiation
- IR radiations put very less effect on the sensor’s result.
- It is highly responsive.
- VCC pin is used for Power Supply for the module. 2.4V to 3.6V are used. commonly 3.0V is used.
- GND is connected to the ground of the Circuit.
- SCL stands for the Serial Clock Line. which is used to provide a clock pulse for I2C communication.
- SDA stands for Serial Data Address, which is used to transfer the data through I2C communication.
- ADDR is the Device address pin and it is used to select the address when more than two modules are connected.
Applications of LUX Sensor:
- BH1750 adjusts brightness in mobile phones.
- Cars headlights turn ON/OFF control based on surrounding lighting conditions.
- It controls the brightness of Display screens.