MQ2 Gas Sensor Detector Module
MQ2 is the smoke, LPG, Butane and Hydrogen Gas detector module. This module is useful for gas leakage detection. It can be used in industries and in homes also. It can detect H2, LPG, CH4, CO, Alcohol, and Smoke or Propane. It has fast response time and high sensitivity. Due to its features, measurements can be taken as soon as possible. It also has a potentiometer and with the help of a potentiometer, we can adjust the sensitivity of the sensor.
MQ2 smoke or gas sensor used gas sensitive material is to be clean air in the lower conductivity of tin oxide (SnO2). When flammable gases and smoke present in the air the sensor conductivity increases. But we have to use the simple circuit to convert the changes in conductivity and output signal that corresponds to the concentration of the gas. This hydrogen gas detector can detect a variety of flammable gas. and it is also a low-cost sensor that can perform many applications.
Characteristics of Smoke Sensor:
- It has good sensitivity to combustible gas in a wide range.
- It has a high sensitivity to LPG, Propane, and Hydrogen.
- It is a long life and it is also a low cost.
- It is useful to the simple drive circuit.
- It can be used as a domestic gas leakage detector.
- It can be used as an industrial combustible gas detector
- It can use as a portable gas detector.
Its dimensions are 36 x 20 x 21 (LxWxH)
Its weight is 8gm.
Its operating voltages are plus 5V.
It can be used to detect LPG, Alcohol, Propane, Hydrogen, CO, and even methane.
Its analog output voltages are 0V to 5V.
Its digital output voltages are 0 to 5V.
Its preheat duration is 20 seconds.
This sensor can be used as a digital or analog sensor.
Its sensitivity can be varied by the potentiometer.