MAX7219 Dot Matrix Module is an integrated serial input/ output common-cathode display driver. This Dot Matrix Module connects the microprocessor 7-segment digital LED display with 8 digits. Users can connect a bar graph display along with it or you can attach 64 independent LEDs. This MAX7219 Matrix Module includes a B-type BCD encoder chip and a multi-channel scanning loop segment word, driver. It also contains a static RAM 8 x 8 for storing each data. There is only one external register is used to set the segment current of each LED.
The four-wire serial interface can be connected to all general-purpose microprocessors. All data can be updated whenever we updated it and we don’t need to rewrite all the data on the display. MAX7219 Dot Matrix Module allows the user to select a data coding or non-coding. This device also has the feature 150 microamps of low-power shutdown mode. It also has the feature of analog and digital brightness control. It also has a scan-limit register and this register allows the user to display data bits 1 – 8. It also contains one for all LED luminescence detection mode. This dot matrix module requires only three IO ports. Get all types of sensors, dot matrix, and module at epro.pk.
- A Dot Matrix Module can drive a total of 8 x 8 dot matrix overcast.
- Its working voltages are 5V.
- Its size is 12.8 x 3.2 x 1.3 cm.
- It contains 64 fixing screw holes and its diameter is 3mm.
- This module contains input and output interfaces. It also supports cascading multiple modules.
- This module contains an input port on the left side.
- This Dot Matrix Module contains an output port on the right side.
- If this module has a single control then the input port will be connected to the CPU.
- If cascading multiple modules, and input and output termination CPU.
Pin Connections of MAX7219 Dot Matrix Module Microcontroller Module 4 in 1 Display:
- Its VCC will be connected to the 5V.
- Its Ground will be connected to the GND.
- Its DIN pin will be connected to P2.2.
- Its CS pin will be connected to P2.1.
- Its CLK pin will be connected to the P2.0.
One Piece of MAX7219 Dot Matrix Module Microcontroller Module 4 in 1 Display.