- Lets Start with ESP32 Cam OV2640 Board
ESP32 Cam OV2640 Board is a very small camera. it also contains a chip. Chip is named as ESP32-Cam. for connecting peripherals, there are several GPIOs.it also contains a slot for the microSD card. This microSD card slot is very useful to store images. it also stores files to serve clients.
ESP32 + Cam OV2640 Dev Board
ESP 32-CAM is the small size camera module with ESP32 chip. It can operate independently. and independently as a minimum system. It has a footprint of only 40 x 27mm. it also has a deep sleep current of up to 6mA. We can use ESP32-CAM for various IoT applications. It is suitable for many applications for example
1. home smart devices
2. industrial wireless control
3. wireless monitoring
4. QR wireless identification
5. wireless positioning system signals
ESP32-Camera is the best solution for various IoT applications. ESP32-cam has a Dual in Line package. This spy camera can be directly inserted into the backplane. its backplane is used for the rapid production of products. it providing customers with high-reliability connection mode. Moreover, it is convenient for application in various IoT hardware terminals.
These pins are internally connected to the microSD card reader:
- CLK pin is for GPIO 14
- CMD is for GPIO 15
- for Data 0 there is GPIO 2
- for Data 1 there is GPIO 4
- for Data 2 there is GPIO 12
- for Data 3 there is GPIO 13
ESP32 Cam OV2640 Spec
- It has the smallest Wifi module (802.11 b/g/n)
- it also contains the SoC module.
- The clock speed is 160MHz.
- it is almost 600 DMIPS.
- its SRAM is 520 KB built-in.
- its external SRAM is 4 MPSRAM.
- It also supports UART/SPI/12C/PWM/ADC/DAC.
- CPU is 32-bit.
- CPU can also serve the application processor.
- It has flash lamp built-in.
- it supports OV2640 and OV7670 cameras.
- It supports the WiFi upload image.
- It supports TF card and multiple sleep modes.
- It has embedded Lwip and FreeRTOS.
- STA/AP/STA+AP is its operation mode.
- It supports the serial port.
- it consists on remote firmware upgrade. (FOTA)
Board Layout of Cam OV2640
Pinout of ESP32 Cam