Description of Monster Motor Controller Shield 14A, 5.5-16V
Monster shield enables the NH3SP30 chip to control one DC motor. this monster shield has an extremely high current capability of 14A per channel. it can bear a maximum of 30A for a few seconds. its thermal heating current is 4 to 5 amps. this monster shield also needs a thermal dissipation device. these dissipation devices are like heat sink or cooling fan for higher currents.
Arduino motor shield IC is different from the Monster driver shield device. L298 H bridge IC is used in Arduino. 1A is the capacity of this IC. in monster shield this IC is replaced by VNH3DP30 chip with 14A continuous current capacity with the installation of heat dissipation devices. this monster device has the function of thermal shutdown. when this thermal output is provided on the analog pin of Arduino.
- It is capable to control two DC motors.
- this motor can also control one stepper motor.
- It has 14A continuous current capacity.
- The maximum current capacity is 30A.
- It has a thermal shutdown pin configuration to provide output to the analog pin.
- Its maximum voltages are 16V.
- 30 KHz is its maximum frequency.
- 10Khz PWM and 12V are recommended when we have Hi-torque DC motors.
Specifications of Monster Motor Controller Shield:
• The maximum current capacity is 30A
• Maximum voltages of the shield are 16V
• MOSFET on-resistance is 19mOhm (per leg)
•20kHz is its Maximum PWM frequency
• it will Undervoltage and overvoltage shutdown
One VNH2SP30 DC Motor Driver Monster Shield