Arduino Compatible USB Host Shield:
USB Host Shield for Arduino is based on MAX3421E. and MAX3421E is a USB peripheral/host controller. This host controller contains the digital logic and analog circuitry and it is important to implement a full-speed USB peripheral or a full/low-speed host compliant to USB specification rev 2.0.
Firstly the question arises what is USB host Shield?
The answer is here that the host shield device controls the peripheral devices and also provides power to it. For example When a user connects any USB device like a mouse or any keyboard to the PC, then this personal computer act as a Host and controls other PC like client devices. For good communication by using USB protocol, the user needs at least one of the devices to be host, and it means that users can not connect 2 keyboards at a time and expect them to communicate with each other. Get this USB host shield and many other products at Pakistan’s best online Selling store epro.pk.
This host shield is compatible with more Arduinos. It is not specified just for UNO and Duemilanove. It is also compatible with Mega and Mega 2560 work with a standard variant of this shield out of the box. The user does not need more SPI re-wiring and code modifications. You can use it by just solder included stackable connectors. You can enjoy it just plug and play. By using this Arduino compatible USB HOST function, Arduino can communicate with other USB devices. And it will support USB HUB function. This HOST USB shield adds USB host capabilities to the Arduino. There are many USB host shields are available in the market but every host shield is not compatible with Arduino.
- This USB host shield supports Google Andriod ADK,
- It supports Andriod phone: G1m Nexus One, Nexus S, Motorola Droid X,
- It provides APK package and compiled source files ADK compatible with Arduino and Compatible with there products:
- Arduino UNO 328
- Arduino Diecimila
- Arduino Mega 2560
- Arduino Mega 1280
- This host shield is fully compatible with Arduino UNO, Duemilanove, and Mega
This USB Shield allows user to control these are the following devices:
- HID-compliant devices such as Keyboards, mouse and etc.
- It is compatible with Arduino ADK.
- It is compatible with Digital SK+LR cameras such as Canon, Nikon, Powershot, etc.
- It is also compatible with Game console controllers including the Wifi controller.
- It is also compatible with other USB serial communication devices such as GPS, FTDI, etc.
Specifications and Features of HOST Shield:
- Its color is Blue.
- Its material is FR4.
- It has a USB port.
- Its size is 53x 50 mm.
- It works with standard boards like (dual 5/ 3.3V) and 3.3V only (like Arduino Pro) boards.
- It operates over the extended -40 degree centigrades to 85 degrees centigrades temperature range.
- It complies with USB specification revision 2 (which is full-speed 12Mbps Peripheral, Full/low-speed 12Mbps / 1.5 Mbps host).
- It supports HID devices, such as keyboards, mice, joysticks, etc.
- It is compatible with mass storage devices such as USB sticks, Memory card readers, external hard drives (FAT32 type File system- Arduino Mega Only)
One Piece of Arduino Compatible USB Host Shield