Product Description of WiFi Shield V2.2 for Arduino:
This wifi shield in the Arduino market is released by DFRobot. this is the first 802 b/g/n. WiFi Shield V2.2 is the low power consumption WIFI module. it is applied with dynamic power management technology. it is used with the Wifi module. but when the wifi module needs to be ON and it is not turning ON. the module will be on standby mode. stand by mode is a low power mode. this module just needs to be woken up when it has to work. this wifi wireless module is based on WizFi210. this module works like a bridge from TTL serial port communication to IEEE802. IEEE802 is also a wireless communication. it is a bridge for TTL devices so it is easy to connect TTL serial ports to the WIFI module. it controlled and managed remotely through a wireless network. This module contains different kinds of communication protocols and encryption algorithms. this wifi shield can be easily used in any Arduino based projects.
- it Brings WiFi connectivity via Serial Host Interface
- it is compatible with Arduino
- Quick Booting Time is under 20msec
- it has Ultra-Low Power through Dynamic Power Management (34µA at the Standby mode)
- it Operates with standard 802.11b/g/n access point at speed up to 11Mbps (802.11b)
- Security Protocols are WEP, WPA/WPA2-PSK, Enterprise, EAP-FAST, EAP-TLS, EAP-TTLS, PEAP
- Operation Temperature is -40℃ ~ 85℃
- Its size is 32 x 23.5 x 2.9 (mm)(1.26×0.93×0.11″)
- it is CE, FCC, KCC Certified
- it Supports the module with the chip antenna
- it is 802.11b/g/n
- Wifi Chip is WizFi210
- Radio Protocol is IEEE 802.11b/g/n Compatible
- its Supported Data Rates are 11, 5.5, 2, 1 Mbps (IEEE 802.11b)
- its Modulation consist of DSSS and CCK
- RF Operating Frequency is 2.4 – 2.497 GHz
- Antenna Options are Chip antenna and U.FL connector for external antenna
- Networking Protocols used in it like UDP, TCP/IP (IPv4), DHCP, ARP, DNS, HTTP/HTTPS Client and Server(*)
- Power Consumption(Typical) of the wifi shield module Standby = 34.0 µA Receive = 125.0 mA Transmit = 135.0 mA
- RF Output Power (Typical) is 8dBm ± 1dBm
- Security Protocols are WEP, WPA/WPA2–PSK, Enterprise, EAP-FAST, EAP-TLS, EAP-TTLS, PEAP
- I/O Interface is UART, SPI(*), I2C(*), WAKE, ALARM, GPIOs
- Power Source is approximate 3.3V
- Dimensions(except Antenna) are 59 x 54 mm(2.32×2.13″)
- WiFi Shield V2.2 for Arduino x1
- Antenna x1
This module is not compatible with the SPI libraries.
It just offers an SPI interface connector.
this wiki shield is not compatible with some versions of Xirrus Routers.